Popular Bridal Shower Invitation Options
- Black & White Bridal Shower Invitations
- Champagne Bridal Shower Invitations
- Chic Bridal Shower Invitations
- Custom Photo Bridal Shower Invitations
- Ivory Bridal Shower Invitations
- Lace Bridal Shower Invitations
- Lily Bridal Shower Invitations
- Lingerie Bridal Shower Invitations
- Polka Dot Bridal Shower Invitations
- Rose Bridal Shower Invitations
- Simple Bridal Shower Invitations
- Tea Party Bridal Shower Invitations
How often does practical meet fun? The answer will shock you. Almost never. You read that right and I think you will agree. But there is no need to despair. The shower party is one of those times when the two worlds meet and coexist in one happy union.
And here is why:
- The party is a place for you to seek a little shelter from the stress of wedding planning. You get an opportunity to spend time with close friends. Visit with family members that you might not get to see often. And have fun. Because what party is complete without fun and silly activities?!
- It is also a chance to collect a few things that you might still need for the home. Of course that isn’t always the case, but that is another place where the practical comes into play.
More Invitation Options
Tips for the Hostess
Are you the maid of honor, matron of honor or a friend of the family? Then chances are good you have been given a big job.
If you are sitting there and wondering how you will ever get through this don’t feel bad. You are not alone. I repeat you are not alone. Many women have been in your position. They have made the experience, how it turned out depends on a couple of simple points.
Here is a short list of a couple of tips that you may find helpful while you plan.
- First and foremost. The simplest way to host a party is to plan it. There isn’t a lot of room to wing it when you host a gathering like this. It isn’t just a couple of friends. You will be hosting a large number of people from different backgrounds, families and they will all need to be hosted. After all that is your job.
- One important thing to keep in mind is that if you don’t feel like you can meet the obligations you need to decline the honor. If you need help don’t be afraid to request it. There are always people that will be willing to help in one way or another. Even if they might not be able to do that much. Even having a few people come early can be what it takes to make the shower a big success.
- Make sure you have mailed out your invitation for the celebration on time. Many people like to plan ahead and getting a card in the mail a week or two before the event isn’t soon enough. A good time to aim for is four weeks in advance. Round that to a month and you have a good target to aim for. This will also give you a chance to make the proper plans once you get the RSVPs back.
- Hosting a party is more than getting the food and facilities prepared. It is more than getting your guest list worked off. It is about getting a diverse group of people to have a good time. This can be stressful for you but it can also be stressful for the guests. That is why there are so many ice breaker games. People want to get to know one another you job is to push them in that direction.
Here are a couple of things you might try to help break the ice. You can play them at the start of the shower to get things going. People talking. The laughs coming. And the rest of the time a relaxing and memorable day.
- The clothespin game. Give each guest three clothespins. There words are taboo. The groom’s name and the words “bride” and “wedding”. Whenever somebody says any of those words the person that caught them captures one of the person’s clothespins.
- Wedding Charades is a fun way to spend some time. Have your guests act out important scenes from the young couples life. Either before or after the wedding. They are free to pick the scene. And it can be fictitious. A romantic dinner that didn’t occur. The bride will be asked to guess (she can get help from the other party goers). Keep it in good taste and things will be fine. Some ideas are “first date,” “the proposal,” “nervous groom,” etc..
Both are fun ways to get things going!